Internet marketing Guru Frank Kern, famous for his Mass Control and product launch formula series, needs your help.
Turns out Frank has written a new book on online marketing and is running a contest of sorts to figure out a title.
In this post I give you a break down of the process Frank uses to get people to sign up for the free book. I went through the process myself Â just a few minutes ago and was impressed enough that I had to write a quick post detailing what I observed as I went through each step.
Here are my observations:
1. a) The call to action does not appear until the video has run its course, then the facebook logo is replaced with an image that contains the call to action.
b) The facebook button allows people to like this which adds a post to their facebook profile so their friends can find out about this site. The facebook like button also provides social proof of the number of other people who like this video.
c) The video has no controls so you either watch it or pause it or leave- there’s no indication of how long it will take. I think this plays to people’s curiosity and focuses them on the message rather than playing with the video.
2. He is getting people to pay $6 in shipping for a free book. This allows him to identify buyers and screen out people who aren’t willing to spend. (I signed up and paid the fee by the way.) If you’re willing to watch a video and pay $6 for something, chances are very good that you will pay $99, $199, $499 and so on. Really a buyer is a buyer is a buyer! (I can vouch for this because I am definitely a buyer!)
3. a)The best time to sell something to someone is immediately after they have bought something from you. This is why on the screen after you input your payment information, he presents two more offers.
b) You only have to check off a box and hit confirm on the second and third offer screens because you have already input your payment info. This makes it really easy to buy.
4. On the final screen he presents a final fourth free offer of a webinar. Great example of multiple attempts to engage visitors and collect their contact information and move them along a funnel. The webinar sign up indicates further interest and will give Frank additional opportunities to follow up with people and present additional offers to them.
5. The entire site, the video and the process are very clean, professional looking, and easy to follow and use. It makes buying and signing up simple and straight forward.
6. This is a great example of replacing the long form sales letter type capture page with an elegant solution that uses video to deliver a compelling sales message and offer.
Want to learn by doing Â AND get a free book at the same time? Visit https://www.frankkern.tv/book to see what I’m talking about.
Hope you enjoyed my summary!
PS: If you want a tool to embed videos, here is the one Kern uses: http://www.longtailvideo.com/players/jw-flv-player/